Friday, October 11, 2013

My Five Personal Favorite Sitcoms Of All Time

5. Two and a Half Men

In the order of least favorite to most favorite "Two and a Half Men" takes the fifth spot. Throughout the sitcom Charlie, the main character of the show, is shown to be a drunken playboy whom regularly brings home one night stands. Charlie takes in his younger brother, Alan, and his son, Jake, after Alan's wife divorces him. Despite Charlie's string of meaningless one night stands he, on rare occasions, finds love. He has a housekeeper, Berta, and a "soul-sucking" mother, Evelyn. Jokes are constantly made about Alan's divorce, Charlie's unhealthy habits, Jake's stupidity and much more. Although parts of the series can be described as a somber mood; most of the sitcom is enjoyable and hilarious. I have been watching this series for years and it has brought me and continues to bring me great enjoyment. It's extremely addictive and after every episode I just keep wanting to watch more.



4.  Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia 


As number four in my top favorites list you can expect "Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia" to take up much of my free time. Its use of vulgar language, physical and emotional abuse and stupidity always gets me cracking up. In the series the gang owns a bar and thats the setting of most episodes. As you may have already guessed since they own a bar there is going to be a lot of drinking which only adds to the amount of laughter you will be doing. Throughout the series the gang comes up with numerous ideas that, on occasion, results in disastrous endings. Although I have only just started this sitcom this past summer I have already seen most of the nine seasons that they shot and liked most of them. "Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia" is by far better than most of the other television show that I have watched.



3. That 70s Show


"That 70s Show" as number three on my list you can imagine the humor and enjoyment I get from watching this show. This show is about a group of high school friends and all their adventures together. Regular topics discussed throughout the series include sex, drugs, and criminal activity. The humor I get from the group's attempt to teach their foreign exchange student, Fez, the ways of an American and his attempt to copy them is unparalleled. I had watched this show when I was younger but at the time I did not find it to be that funny, but recently I have resumed watching this show and scene by scene I am always laughing. With the name of the show comes all the stuff in the seventies. Clothes, views, music, and technology that were in the seventies are all included in the series and are all made fun of throughout the show.



2. The Big Bang Theory

Nearing the top of my list is "The Big Bang Theory" in second place. Math and science are relatively hard subjects because they are so broad and the concepts are hard to understand. What's even harder to do is to create humor using math and science. "The Big Bang Theory" does just that. It perfectly infuses math, science, and real situations in a way that it does not disinterest people but makes them want more because of the humor using math and science.  "The Big Bang Theory" truly shows "smart is the new sexy" by their ingenious use of math and science incorporated in humor and smart guys dating girls who would normally be dating the big, dumb, athletes that do not know a lick of science. "The Big Bang Theory" has always been one of my top shows and it continues to be.



1. How I Met Your Mother


Finally, in the number one spot is "How I Met Your Mother." "How I Met Your Mother" is my absolute, number one, favorite show in the world. It's mixture of romance and comedy is unlike any other. Ted is a bachelor trying to find the love of his life and settle down. Throughout his journey he encounters many women trying to find "the one." To balance out all the romantic moments so it wouldn't just be "gooey" and "lovey dovey," Barney comes into play. Barney, is a playboy who lies to various women for a one night stand. There is a reason why "How I Met Your Mother" is at the top of my list. Throughout the series when I think that the show has peaked it comes out with an episode that is more epic than the last. This extremely exquisite combination of love and comedy is the king of all sitcoms and nothing else compares to the greatness of this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment