Friday, October 11, 2013

Top 5 Fashion Trends for Ladies in 2013

   As we all know fashion trends come and go as quickly as the common cold. 2013 has by far had the most quickly changed trends in my opinion. We've went through our 80's phase to bringing back the 90's. But there are some trends that stick around longer than the others. Here are my top 5 fashion trends of 2013.


5. Leather


This is a bold look that I followed too. It can be a little uncomfortable, especially in hot conditions. It started off years before with just leather jackets and vests. But now its been used as a big fashion statement. This trend is still getting even more popular. This is not just a ladies thing anymore. Guys are following this trend, too. Guys wear the leather shirts and leather pants. Leather is very versatile. You can add a touch of leather to anything from a vest to a skirt all the way to a shirt. I recommend keeping the leather down to a minimum.

4. Wedge Sneakers 

These are one of my least favorite, but people love it. I can understand why people have caught on to this trend though. Wedge sneakers can give a "loungy" comfortable look a girly flare. These have been worn with almost everything. In my opinion its another excuse for us ladies to ruin a perfectly comfortable sneaker and turn it into one of our "my feet hurt" shoes. I know sometimes beauty is pain but we could have kept at least one of our few comfortable things we have left. 

3. Peplum 

I haven't warn this trend yet but it is tempting. This trend is very versatile. I've seen it worn casually and formally.This trend is popular all around. The young and the old can both sport this lovely trend. It gives women the illusion of having a curvier figure. They can make anything peplum. They have peplum tops, skirts, dresses and even shorts. I still haven't seen any peplum pants, lets keep it that way. Even though this trend is popular, it's starting to fade away. 

2. Animal Prints
  

This was one of the biggest trends. I think the Jersey phase ( Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious, etc.) brought out the animal print trend, especially cheetah and zebra print. This trend has been used and abused so many times. The term "less is more" was specifically created for this trend. This is the most popular used trends for all age groups and things. They've used animal print for tattoos, nail art, clothing patterns, accessories and shoe designs. I don't think this trend will ever go away.

1. High wasted pants

 Even though animal print is the god of all trends high wasted pants stole the number one spot by how popular it is right now at this point in time. This has been the most worn trend all year. It's so popular that I would bet that if you were to leave your home now you will see at least one lady with high wasted pants worn usually with a crop top or a blouse. I am also guilty of participating in this trend. But it looks like the high wasted pants still has more time to go. Honestly, I'm more ready for it to go then stay. This trend has ran its course but people don't want to let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment